Artist Collection: (218 of 449)< Previous | Next >
Tags: uk, england, derbyshire, monyash, peak district, landscape, village green, village cross, plaque, telephone box, stone wall
- + MOUSE OVER image to zoom in
- + CLICK to enlarge
the village cross, monyashby rod johnson
- Artist Notes
- Situated on the village green and close to the war memorial at Monyash in Derbyshire, England, stands the Village Cross. The base of the cross dates back to circa 1340, when a charter to hold a weekly market was granted to Monyash. A wooden cross is thought to have been attached to the top of the stone shaft.
- Contact Artist Send Artist an Email
More about rod johnson
- staffordshire, united kingdom
- Artist Biography
- All content © Copyright 2000 - 2015 Rod Johnson - All rights reserved Hello, I'm a self-taught fine art photographer based in Staffordshire, United Kingdom. I've been capturing photographic images for over 50 years, using a wide range of equipment from the most basic manual camera to the lates ...