Artist Collection: (104 of 448)< Previous | Next >
Tags: uk, england, derbyshire, castleton, mam tor, shivering mountain, peak district, hill fort, bronze age, iron age, people
- + MOUSE OVER image to zoom in
- + CLICK to enlarge
the ascent of mam torby rod johnson
- Artist Notes
- The ascent of Mam Tor, near Castleton in Derbyshire, England. Around the summit of this 517 m hill, is a late Bronze Age and early Iron Age hill fort. Evidence indicates that the hill, also known as the Shivering Mountain, was occupied from around 1200 BC. Groups of walkers are shown at various stages on their way to the summit.
- Contact Artist Send Artist an Email
More about rod johnson
- staffordshire, united kingdom
- Artist Biography
- All content © Copyright 2000 - 2015 Rod Johnson - All rights reserved Hello, I'm a self-taught fine art photographer based in Staffordshire, United Kingdom. I've been capturing photographic images for over 50 years, using a wide range of equipment from the most basic manual camera to the lates ...