Artist Collection: (62 of 449)< Previous | Next >
Tags: europe, uk, england, staffordshire, alton towers railway station, disused, ancient, buildings, platform, trees, landscape
- + MOUSE OVER image to zoom in
- + CLICK to enlarge
the disused alton towers railway stationby rod johnson
- Artist Notes
- The Disused Alton Towers railway station in the village of Alton, Staffordshire, England. The station was opened in 1849 and was originally on the North Staffordshire Railway's Churnet Valley line. Later it became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway and later still, it became part of the London Midland Region of British Railways. It was finally closed in 1964. The buildings, which are grade II listed, are now in private ownership and they are made available for holiday rental.
- Contact Artist Send Artist an Email
More about rod johnson
- staffordshire, united kingdom
- Artist Biography
- All content © Copyright 2000 - 2015 Rod Johnson - All rights reserved Hello, I'm a self-taught fine art photographer based in Staffordshire, United Kingdom. I've been capturing photographic images for over 50 years, using a wide range of equipment from the most basic manual camera to the lates ...