Artist Collection: (48 of 449)< Previous | Next >
Tags: england, staffordshire, ilam, peak district, ilam cross, architecture, gothic, carving, angels, village, high, landmark, tall
- + MOUSE OVER image to zoom in
- + CLICK to enlarge
ilam crossby rod johnson
- Artist Notes
- Ilam Cross in the village of Ilam, Staffordshire, England. Photographed in October 2011, just after completion of the restoration work. This magnificent 13 meter high, Gothic style Cross with six carved angels, was originally erected in 1841 by Jesse Watts Russell, in memory of his wife Mary. A trust fund had been set up several years before, to save it.
- Contact Artist Send Artist an Email
More about rod johnson
- staffordshire, united kingdom
- Artist Biography
- All content © Copyright 2000 - 2015 Rod Johnson - All rights reserved Hello, I'm a self-taught fine art photographer based in Staffordshire, United Kingdom. I've been capturing photographic images for over 50 years, using a wide range of equipment from the most basic manual camera to the lates ...