Artist Collection: (32 of 442)< Previous | Next >
Tags: echinops bannaticus, globe thistle, globose, stem, leaves, for dried flower arrangement, horticulture, botanical, close-up
- + MOUSE OVER image to zoom in
- + CLICK to enlarge
globe thistle (echinops bannaticus)by rod johnson
- Artist Notes
- Echinops bannaticus is an upright perennial with globose, pale to mid-blue flower heads on tall stems with deeply cut leaves. The seed heads are often used in dried flower arrangements. The location of this specimen, was Drakelow in Derbyshire, England.
- Contact Artist Send Artist an Email
More about rod johnson
- staffordshire, united kingdom
- Artist Biography
- All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Rod Johnson - All rights reserved Hello, I'm a self-taught fine art photographer based in Staffordshire, United Kingdom. I've been capturing photographic images for over 50 years, using a wide range of equipment from the most basic manual camera to the lates ...